McCoCo 2020 … a 4-day CCI Residential
Wiston Lodge, Lanarkshire, 37 miles south-west of Edinburgh
30th April to 4th May 2020
Dear wonderful co-counsellor:
You are warmly invited to this annual spring residential in Scotland.
This will be the 22nd McCoCo, and once again we have booked Wiston Lodge, an attractive venue that suits a co-counselling event perfectly: peaceful seclusion from the outside world, good workshop spaces in a beautiful and characterful house, and very lovely and extensive grounds where you can roam in nature.
Many people love both the venue and the event, and so return each year. Nevertheless each group that forms on that first Thursday in May is a new group, where we continue to discover ourselves and each other. It is therefore our goal to bring a culture of inclusiveness to our group: you are welcome here whether you are from Scotland, England, Europe, or from much further afield. And, you’re equally welcome here if you’re feeling out of touch with co-counselling, or a total novice or an old-hand.
The structure will follow that of many other CCI events:
- We’ll have a morning Opening Circle when we will co-create the programme as we move through the long weekend.
- Anyone may offer or request a workshop.
- You’ll have the opportunity to be in a support group that meets for an hour each day, with the same people in it.
- Workshops may be co-counselling only, or non-co-counselling
- There will be space for you to express yourself creatively though dance, music, art, writing, or whatever you choose.
McCoCo will be free of all drugs that are non-prescription, except caffeine.
i.e. please do not consume alcohol, or ‘illegal drugs’.
Prescription drugs may be consumed.
Tobacco may be smoked outside the building.
The sleeping accommodation comprises rooms that will sleep 2 to 8 people. It’s unlikely that you’d be sharing with more than about 4 others. Double rooms are very limited: please check the booking page to see if they are still available.
The Surrounding Area
This is the 22nd McCoCo
daytime workshop slots over 4 days, plus evenings and early mornings
acres (22 hectares) of beautiful grounds to explore and enjoy
Not long to go
14.1 million people can’t be wrong!
That’s right, lots and lots of people visit Scotland each year, outnumbering locals by almost 3:1. Whether it’s for the art galleries of Glasgow, Edinburgh Castle, the rolling countryside of the Lowlands, or the moors, mountains and lochs of the Highlands and Islands, you could extend your stay before or after McCoCo and enjoy Scotland in the springtime.
Ready to book?
- old or new?
- rusty or smooth+shiny?
- seasoned or rookie?
- Give Free Attention in sessions and workshops
- Be responsible for your own balance of attention
- Keep to the ground rules
- Be able able to refuse a request to give a certain intervention if you don’t want to give it
… organising McCoCo 2020
Thanks for visiting this site, and we hope you’ll join us in Apr/May 2020 for a great residential.
Kate, Lilian, Mick, Richard Charles and Vicki
Click here see our comments and lovely pics